Anyone who has partaken of a meal with me knows I have a few allergies. Peaches, Pomegranate, raw celery, avocado (which I just put up with because I LOVE avocado), green peppers, cumin. . . the list goes on.
I believe I have encountered my most annoying allergy ever.
I seem to be allergic to my headphones. And by headphones, I mean the kind that you shove all the way into your ear canal, not the actual head variety.
Both of my ears itch and burn like ants are crawling around inside there biting me. What, you’ve never had the pleasure of feeling ant bites in your ears? Lucky you. As I type this, I’m starting to feel the itching creep down my neck, signaling some type of systemic allergic reaction. Which I must say is the most beautiful thing anyone could hope to experience. One look at me in anaphylaxis and you will wish to gouge your eyeballs out and pour bleach on your brain.
So, the logical thing would be to remove said earphones, no?
Not so fast. Which is worse, a dry dull boring chemistry debate -punctuated with sexist remarks about the girls entering and leaving the library- between two just-over-college-age-and therefore-way-too-old-for-most-of-the-girls-they-are-checking-out students sharing the table with me in the library, or itchiness and a potential trip to the hospital for medication?
It’s a toss up.